Re: autofs and openoffice

thomas parquier wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>I'm having problem with openoffice, which is launched in a chroot'ed
>environment.
>I automount a remote directory in my home partition which is mounted
>twice, once in the host environment and once in the chroot :
>fstab :
>/dev/sda10 /home ...
>/dev/sda10 /var/chroot/sarge-ia32/home
>
>then I put two mount points in auto.master with the same map :
>/mnt/cassiopee   /etc/auto.line.classe   --timeout=60
>/var/chroot/sarge-ia32/mnt/cassiopee   /etc/auto.line.classe   --timeout=60
>
>In openoffice, files from the remote directory can only be opened in
>read-only mode, and new files can't be saved in that directory
>correctly : an empty file is saved whereas a input/output error poped
>up.
>
>Has someone any idea to open and save correctly those files from and
>to the remote point ?
>thanks in advance

I don't think you can mount a file system twice. You can, however,
bind-mount /home so that it appears in /var/chroot/sarge-ia32/home. It's
all explained in the amd64 howto.

--
"Pascal is Pascal is Pascal is dog meat."
		-- M. Devine and P. Larson, Computer Science 340

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@bol.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb