Re: ram

Quoting Lennart Sorensen:
> Well I was talking to someone on irc last week with that particular asus
> board, and he had two dual core cpus, and 2 sticks of ram installed in
> A1+B1, and it refused to see the second cpu.  I suggested he move B1 to
> A3, and when he did, the second cpu showed up.
>
> Maybe it isn't supposed to be that way, but it certainly acted that way.

I'll try to duplicate that. I have 4x1GB sticks and I'll play around
with some different configs. I'm not sure if the BIOS has any tools to
show memory capacity per channel or not... is there any good way in
linux to do this?

I have started a wiki for this board at http://tastytronic.net/k8ndlis/
to try and collect data and real-world information on it and I'll put
the result of this conversation there.

pedro

--
Peter A. H. Peterson, technician and musician.
 ---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---