Re: Are there rescue disks that recognise LVM2 and RAID

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 04:57:24AM -0400, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> I'm running an AMD64 etch system with most of the file system on
> LVM2 on RAID-1.
>
> Are there rescue disks I could use in case things go wrong? AFAIK, most
> rescue disks are for i386 and don't recognise RAID and LVM properly.
>
> -- hendrik
>

> --

Hello,

check mondo. It is currently not in testing for amd64, but in unstable.
mondo (2.06-4+b1, 2.06-4)
powerful disaster recovery suite
Mondo is comprehensive. Mondo supports LVM, RAID, ext2, ext3, JFS, XFS,
ReiserFS, VFAT, and can support additional file systems easily.

Another possibility is mkCDrec  http://mkcdrec.ota.be/project/index.html
but as far as I know, it is not included in Debian (yet).
MkCDrec supports  ext2 , ext3,  minix, xfs , jfs,  reiserfs file
systems, LVM and software RAID (multiple devices).

Alexander