Re: scsi controller for external devices

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 10:25, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> tyan k8we

Fast MB, unless you have all the  (external) devices left over, I would't
bother with fast scsi as I/O. With that board you have USB2, Firewire
400, and with an add in card firewire 800. That card ad or the devices
attched to it becomes the bottleneck for perfornance. If you have to go
scsi I would get a cheaper card, I have used a Tekram DC-315U and a SIIG
AP-10, both supported by Etch.
--
Greg Madden