Re: scsi controller for external devices

thanks a lot for pointing out the bottleneck. is that bottleneck also when no
external device is attached to the scsi controller? i intend to connect the
scsi chain to the workstation only occasionally for scanning and backup to
have access to data by an ordinary pc. normally the scsi chain is connected
to the pc.

if the scsi controller causes a bottleneck per se, what about accessing the
scsi devices attached to the pc from the workstation through the zyxel adsl
rooter?

i need that motherboard to get the best floating point for the money. with
that workstation i am already at the lower limit to do ab inition quantum
chemical calculations for large molecules.

thank you again
francesco pietra