Re: pci express card on debian amd64 sarge

> This motherboard seems to support a PCI Express slot and thus I would
> like, if
> possible, to take advantage of this resource, when acquiring a graphics
> board.
> Specifically, I would like to check whether any one knows that either (i)
> an
> nVidia 6200 120 PCie, or (ii) an ATI Radeon X300SE PCI-e video card would
> be
> supported in Debian AMD64 sarge and how these cards compare (which one is
> better?).

Mauricio,

Last Friday I got a new machine with the ATI Radeon X300SE PCI-e in it.
Currently I am using the radeon driver that comes with Xorg 7.0.0.  For 2D
applications, it seems fine.  I should warn you that I am currently battling
a problem with lockups, but I don't have much reason to believe it is being
caused by the videocard.

I tried installing the drivers on the ATI webpage but didn't have much luck.
The driver reports that it needs Xorg 6.9.0.  That should be fixed once ATI
decides to update the drivers, but 3D isn't really important enough to me.
I had an nVidia card and I constantly had to wait for nVidia to get around to
an update.

As far as which one is better, I have no clue.  VIM and Nethack don't exactly
push my video cards to the limit :P

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine@gmail.com>