Re: pci express card on debian amd64 sarge

Hi,

> This motherboard seems to support a PCI Express slot and thus I would
> like, if
> possible, to take advantage of this resource, when acquiring a graphics
> board.
> Specifically, I would like to check whether any one knows that either (i)
> an
> nVidia 6200 120 PCie, or (ii) an ATI Radeon X300SE PCI-e video card would
> be
> supported in Debian AMD64 sarge and how these cards compare (which one is
> better?).

formerly I used a ATI graphics-card (ATI Radeon 7000 PCI), and I
really didn't like the quality of it, using it with Xorg 6.9 and the
ati-driver. It was always flickering horicontically very bad.

I decided to sell this card and bought a nVidia PCIe-Card (ASUS
N6200TC), installed the nVidia-driver-debs and all works very fine
now...

With the experience I had with this, I would say:
nVidia really is the better choice!

regards,
sigi.