Re: Porting help with gnubg #350390

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> Please cc me on replies as I'm not subscribed to the list.
>
> Alex Romosan <romosan@sycorax.lbl.gov> writes:
>> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:
>
>>> This is a completely reproducible bug so I *think* it should be
>>> relatively easy to track down with the right hardware by running the
>>> program inside gdb, although it may be a more obscure memory clobber.
>
>> i run the cvs version on amd64 without any problems at all. so, if there
>> were any problems they probably got fixed along the way. i'll try
>> running the debian package tomorrow (i assume that's what you are
>> talking about) and see if i get the segfault.
>
> Yes, the one that's currently in unstable.  (I'm about to upload a new
> version, but it won't have anything that's likely to change this.)
>
> Interesting -- the most recent mail to the upstream bug list said that the
> segfault happened with the CVS version as well.  Maybe different
> compilation options?
>
> If the CVS version fixes the problem, I can package that instead.  I was
> thinking about doing that until the report that it was still segfaulting
> with the CVS version.  (Upstream really needs to release 0.15.)

running the gnubg debian version i get this:

(gdb) where
#0  0x000000000049ed4c in RenderPreferencesParam ()
#1  0x000000000044fb04 in CommandSetAppearance ()
#2  0x0000000000433bcd in HandleCommand ()
#3  0x0000000000433df6 in HandleCommand ()
#4  0x0000000000434086 in HandleCommand ()
#5  0x000000000043417b in HandleCommand ()
#6  0x00000000004397ea in CommandEval ()
#7  0x00002baaa3b40229 in scm_boot_guile () from /usr/lib/libguile.so.12
#8  0x0000000000431060 in main ()

my version from cvs is compiled without libguile support and it
doesn't crash. i am not sure what guile gives you, but i've been happy
without it. maybe you can try disabling guile support for now?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |