Porting help with gnubg #350390

Hello all,

Please cc me on responses, as I'm not on the mailing list.

The current version of gnubg segfaults right after startup on AMD64.  I
suspect a general 64-bit problem, but I don't have any AMD64 systems that
I can upgrade to unstable of my own and gnubg has a *lot* of build
dependencies.  The original reporter sent me a core dump and valgrind
output, but I'm afraid I couldn't make anything of it.

This is a completely reproducible bug so I *think* it should be relatively
easy to track down with the right hardware by running the program inside
gdb, although it may be a more obscure memory clobber.

If someone could give me a hand tracking it down, I'd really appreciate
it.  I got it to build on pergolesi, but pergolesi doesn't support (so far
as I can tell) forwarded X connections and the bug doesn't trigger in text
mode, only when displaying the graphical board.  It would probably be
easiest to debug in combination with a local X display, but failing that,
I can try to track it down on a system that accepts forwarded X
connections and has the build dependencies installed.

Thank you very much for any help!