Re: Porting help with gnubg #350390

Please cc me on replies as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Alex Romosan <romosan@sycorax.lbl.gov> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

>> This is a completely reproducible bug so I *think* it should be
>> relatively easy to track down with the right hardware by running the
>> program inside gdb, although it may be a more obscure memory clobber.

> i run the cvs version on amd64 without any problems at all. so, if there
> were any problems they probably got fixed along the way. i'll try
> running the debian package tomorrow (i assume that's what you are
> talking about) and see if i get the segfault.

Yes, the one that's currently in unstable.  (I'm about to upload a new
version, but it won't have anything that's likely to change this.)

Interesting -- the most recent mail to the upstream bug list said that the
segfault happened with the CVS version as well.  Maybe different
compilation options?

If the CVS version fixes the problem, I can package that instead.  I was
thinking about doing that until the report that it was still segfaulting
with the CVS version.  (Upstream really needs to release 0.15.)