Splashy on AMD64

Hello,

Splashy gives you a nice graphical display and progress bar as your
system boots.

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/splashy/

I was able to get it to compile, install and run on my dual AMD64
machine - and the fix was posted to svn.

svn co svn://svn.debian.org/splashy
cd splashy/
cp -a trunk splashy-0.1.8.svn2
cp -a trunk splashy-0.1.8.svn2.orig
cd splashy-0.1.8.svn2
./autogen.sh --prefix=/
debuild -uc -us
sudo dpkg -i ../splashy_0.1.8.svn2_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i ../splashy-themes_0.1.8.svn2_all.deb

I like the debian3 theme, so I sym linked it as the default theme:

cd /etc/splasy/themes/
sudo rm -rf default
sudo ln -s debian3 default

There is a command line to see what the theme will look like without
having to reboot.  Press F2 to exit:

sudo splashy test

There is one small problem which maybe someone here can help with: the
background image shows OK for a few seconds then blanks out while the
system is booting; however, the progress bar continues to operate as it
should until GDM takes over.

Things would be perfect if the background image would not blank out.
Maybe it's just me?  Could someone else please install and as see if you
get the same behavior?

Thanks.

-- Tony