Re: Nvidia driver bypasses xorg.conf settings

Land Haj wrote:

hi!

> For some reason, using the nvidia driver makes xorg use the wrong
> vertical refresh rate. My monitor can do 75 Hz at full resolution, but
> 60 Hz is recommended and much more comfortable for the eyes. All was
> fine until I

the nvidia driver now by default ignores your freqyence selections and
uses 'EDID' settings it acquires from the device (or makes up, i dunno).
for me it helped to specify

    Option "UseEdidFreqs" "false"

in the Device section of xorg.conf. this forces the driver to use your
settings, not the detected/default ones. I use it to increase the rates
for my CRT.

	Raimund

--
Pinuts media+science GmbH                 http://www.pinuts.de