Re: Network install on a lan

 --- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
escribió:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 02:05:00PM +0100, Ximo Tur
> wrote:
> > Thanks Lennart and Fielder,
> >
> > I have succed downloading the installer components
> > setting my own web server exporting
> > debian-31r0a-amd64-binary-1.iso and
> > debian-31r0a-amd64-binary-2.iso.
>
> So they are exported by loop mounting and then
> exporting the contents?

I have copied all the contents of the cds on the web
server exported directory.
And I am using sarge's netboot AMD64 port to boot and
official Debian 3.1r1 binary CDs.
The machine is an HP DL145 with Dual Opteron Processor
248 and the ide hard drives are 2 Maxtor 6E040L0.
This hardware seems to be supported by the kernel, so
I guess I am doing something wrong.

Thanks

> > But now the installation can't go on because it
> > doesn't find the partitions, when I do detect
> hardware
> > it says that it was unable to load some modules
> and
> > amont those there are "ide", "ide-detect",
> "ide-core",
> > "ide-disk", "ide-generic" and "ide-mod", why is
> not
> > Should I pass some boot parameters to load them?
>
> Which type of hardware?  Which installer version?
>
> It may simply be that your hardware isn't supported
> by that kernel
> version.  Or if you are using a daily build, maybe
> something is broken.
>
> Len Sorensen

Ximo Tur ---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/electrostatico/
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (1964)

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com