[Little OT] Sata drive hot plug?

Hello,

I have a amd64 sarge box with kernel 2.6.15 running with a silicon 3132 sata
controller. Siliconimage says this controller supports hot plug.
Does this mean that I can just slap in my drive, plug a sata cable into it
and plug the power cable into it and away I go? (Does the plug-in order
matter?)
Its just a normal 450 W Antec Power supply. Does the powersupply need special
requirements too for hot plug?
The motherboard also has the 955x chipset with an ich7 controller.
Is this hot plug capable as well?

Thanks for the advice before I go and blow up my computer.  :)

Cheers,
Mike