Re: ACPI with AMD64

Hi,

after some time of searching in the acpi mailling lists I've found the following message:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.acpi.devel/16431

So it seems as if these states are disabled by the mainboard manufactures, great!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- snip ----------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> I've recently discovered that my system didn't seem to go into C2/C3 states. In fact, they're not
> even recognized :
>
> # cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/info
> processor id:            0
> acpi id:                 0
> bus mastering control:   no
> power management:        no
> throttling control:      no
> limit interface:         no
>
> # cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power
> active state:            C1
> max_cstate:              C8
> bus master activity:     00000000
> states:
> *C1: type[C1] promotion[--] demotion[--] latency[000] usage[00000000]
>
> Would you happen to know why the Cx states are not seen ? Also, isn't there supposed to be bus
> mastering control available ?
> My mainboard is a Asus A7N8X rev 1.xx (nforce2).
> The kernels I tried with no success in whatever case are 2.4.29 and 2.6.15.2.
> Unfortunately, google doesn't seem to know much about this problem...

Hi!
  Please try to do something like this:

root <at> porygon:~/# cat /proc/acpi/fadt |acpitbl |grep P_LVL
P_LVL2_LAT:       190
P_LVL3_LAT:       1900
If you will see more than 100 in the first line and more than 1000 in the second one, your Cx states are blocked by BIOS. My example is from ASUS A7V8X, which may be similar.