Re: ACPI with AMD64

Hi,

powernow is working without problems (processor is switching between 1800MHz and 1000 MHz):

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies:
1800000 1000000

Only switching between power states C1, C2, C3, .. (which is a different thing than cpu scaling) isn't available.

I have a ASUS A8N-Premium Motherboard, powernow is enabled.

Can you post the output of
/proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power
/proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/throttling
?

thanks
  Thimo

At 13:19 10.02.2006, you wrote:
Thimo Eichstaedt (abc@digithi.de) wrote:
> Hi folks,

The CPU does support powesaving, but does the BIOS?
Which motherboard do you have, and do you have powernow/cool'n'quiet enabled in BIOS?