Re: Jumbo Frames?

On Tuesday 31 Jan 2006 15:51, Chaim Keren Tzion wrote:
> I don't know this switch but why does g19 have Mode "On" and g21 have
> Mode "Off"?
> Also, why not try making the Mdix type the same?

The difference between MDI and MDI-X is in the port wiring; one of them has
the transmit and receive lines swapped over.  You need a straight-through
cable to go from MDI to MDI-X, or a crossover {pin 1 swapped with pin 3 and
pin 2 swapped with pin 6}  to go from either type to the same type.

Much modern kit seems to be capable of auto-sensing which is which.

--
AJS