Jumbo Frames?

I have recently moved my servers to an all gigabit ethernet network
and I'd like to make use of jumbo frames. They're enabled on my switch
(it's a Dell managed switch) - however, I am not sure if I have to
make any changes to the servers themselves (i.e. changing the default
MTU from 1500 to 9000?) - and I haven't been able to find anything by
Googling that helps.

I'm running Debian-amd64, so this isn't completely off-topic :)

Thanks in advance for any replies, I'm sure plenty of people here use
it or know how I can figure this out and confirm!

- mike