Re: Jumbo Frames?

On 2006-01-30, at 2:07 PM, Allan Wind wrote:
The difference does not make sense, but you do incur CPU overhead for
encryption with scp so it might not be the best test.

This is a good point assuming that you're not using triple-DES this should be something like a factor of two (which is what I see with my aged 3GHz Xeon -> G5|Opteron server) and using -c blowfish will significantly reduce that (45MB/s vs. 30MB/s). I think the bigger factor is that it requires the CPU to touch all of the data and thus prevents any sort of zero-copy optimization.

Chris