Re: Mount USB memory stick in 32 bit chroot as well

Adam Skutt wrote:

Andrew Sharp wrote:

I can't tell if you answered the question or not. Does the directory show
up in the chroot environment?  If so, then your problem lies elsewhere,
like maybe a permissions thing.

It does. The issues is that a normal bind mount won't bind any mounts underneath it.

For example, if you have /usr and /usr/local and bind mount just /usr, /usr/local won't appear mounted in the bound mount.

As Daniel Foote suggested, rbinds may be a solution, but I haven't had the chance to play myself. My only concern would be that it may or may not like mounts randomly appearing/disappearing.

One simple solution:
Always mount the stick in the chroot, and have the
64-bit environment provide a symbolic link into the chroot
so that 64-bit apps also find the stick.

Helge Hafting