Re: blank screen

As my graphic card i a radeon 9600 I added the following to conf

        Option          "AGPMode"               "8"

Now it works!
Thanks!

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 05:24:24PM +0100, Niclas Wahlgren wrote:

using unstable and xorg

starting up in safe mode works...
ordinary startup works until the graphical login screen wich never turns up instead I
get a black screen. the computer seems to run ok as I can ping it.

Error searching advices wanted...

Which X driver and which video card?

Does leftcontrol+leftalt+F1 get you back to a text mode login prompt or
is the video card completely messed up?

I just booted 2.6.15 on my athlon 700, and so far no problem, although I
haven't started X yet (I have to recompile my nvidia driver first).  OK,
after doing that, X works perfectly here using an FX5200 and the nvidia
binary drivers.