Re: Install problem on Supermicro X6DHT-G system

This list rocks! Thank you all for the ideas and suggestions. I will reinstall tonight and try moving the CD to a master channel and try changing the BOIS settings and see if any of these help. I'll report back with my findings.

-Steve

Paul Brook wrote:
80386 Linux will install onto, and boot from, hdb quite happily with no hda
present  {I've done it by mistake myself once}.  And it doesn't care if the
CD-ROM device is hdd with no hdc.

It depends on the hardware. Some machines appear to work fine, some don't work at all, and some work unreliably or slowly.

Paul