Re: Matrox 550 / Debian Etch/ X.Org 6.8.2 / Xinerama not working??

Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

Hi,

After an update  of XFree86 to X.org my Xinerama setup stopped working.

I cannot get my two screens working at the same time, except when I use
the second screen (an LCD screen, the little inferior one) as my main
(or first, the one with the menubar) screen, and my first screen ( a
beautiful 21 inch CRT screen) as my second screen.

Is that a known feature or a plain bug? Is there a workaround for it?
Which driver are you using? I don't have a lot of experience with Matrox cards myself, but I've heard others say that they needed to use Matrox' driver (instead of the one provided with xorg) to get dual head setups working properly.