Matrox 550 / Debian Etch/ X.Org 6.8.2 / Xinerama not working??

Hi,

After an update  of XFree86 to X.org my Xinerama setup stopped working.

I cannot get my two screens working at the same time, except when I use
the second screen (an LCD screen, the little inferior one) as my main
(or first, the one with the menubar) screen, and my first screen ( a
beautiful 21 inch CRT screen) as my second screen.

Is that a known feature or a plain bug? Is there a workaround for it?

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.