Re: Problems installing on AMD Athlon 64 system

On 12/19/05, Dean Hamstead <dean@bong.com.au> wrote:
dont use the nvidia binary drivers. the forcedeth driver is vastly
better.

which debian installer are you using? sarge should support it.

i've been using images from http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/sarge-amd64/iso-cd/  which didn't work.

if not then get a nightly installer cd (Etch)

where are the nightlies? i'd like to try them. I tried  2.6.12 kernel from http://tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/  but that didn't work either. It looks there are several options for me to follow. Using a second NIC seem to be a path of least resistance.

Someone mentioned 64 bit knoppix. I thought of that but couldn't find it. That would be the fastest way, i think. Thanks for all the advice,

-a