Re: Problems installing on AMD Athlon 64 system

On 12/17/05, lordSauron <lordsauronthegreat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please tell us your motherboard, hard drive, and where you downloaded
> the disk/s from (URL only - I don't enjoy attachments that are
> measured in megabytes).

Right, the motherboard is ASUS A8N-SLI

The images are from
http://cdimage.org/cdimage/unofficial/sarge-amd64/iso-cd

> My first instinct though, is that you need to change the boot order so
> that your first boot option is the CDROM.  If that's all okay, then

no, the order is OK

> you probably burnt the ISO image to CD, instead of burning the ISO
> (the image sticks <file>.iso on the disk - the ISO will put what's
> *in* the image on the disk - sorry, I know I'm re-inventing some
> jargon here, but I'm not thinking correctly...  my mind is busy
> buzzing for no apparent reason...)

I believe that if I mounted such a disk I'd the the
debian-31r0a-amd64-binary-1.iso, but i see all the files directories.

-a