Re: DualCore Dual-Opteron Board - suggestion?

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:06:54PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 01:04:43PM -0800, mike wrote:
> > > I believe there is an issue with kernels < 2.6.14-2 with Opteron SMP.
> > > That is why I'm running 2.6.14-2 myself.
> > >
> > > The issue was an AMD errata rather than a bug with the kernel -
> > > 2.6.14-2 contained a workaround.
> >
> > I think that's all that NUMA stuff right? It wasnt optimized properly
> > or something...
>
> Probably the assumption that TSCs were synced between cores in a dual
> core, which they apparently are not.

Like I said, it's been working flawlessly, and, when I'm not home sick
with the @%!@^ flu, I routinely work all four cores pretty hard
during the day.  No oopses, nothing.  In fact, the only time it's
been down was when I had to put it in a case.  Sad day, that.

Cheers,