Re: DualCore Dual-Opteron Board - suggestion?

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 11:45:18AM -0500, Austin Denyer wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:25:38 +0100
> Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:
> >
> > Just for a quick note:
> > anyone has a suggestion for a dual-Opteron board for Dualcore opterons
> > which works flawless under debian amd64?
> > E.G. the Tyan Tiger K8WE looks nice for me, but does it run flawless
> > with debian amd64?
> > At least this board has to power up 4 firewire bus for us here.
>
> I'm not running dual-core, but I do run dual-processor (Opteron 246) on
> the K8WE, and it runs great.
>
> You will probably want to use Len's 2.6.12 install cd though.

I am running dual 265s on a K8WE, it is quite flawless.  I installed
with the standard netinst iso, the installation went w/o a hitch.  I'm
running with a 2.6.12 something kernel that it installed with, and I
haven't had reason to upgrade.  lm-sensors worked right out of the box
as well as the dual gigabit NICs.

Cheers,