Re: DualCore Dual-Opteron Board - suggestion?

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:53:01 -0800
Andrew Sharp <andy@netfall.com> wrote:

> I am running dual 265s on a K8WE, it is quite flawless.  I installed
> with the standard netinst iso, the installation went w/o a hitch.  I'm
> running with a 2.6.12 something kernel that it installed with, and I
> haven't had reason to upgrade.  lm-sensors worked right out of the box
> as well as the dual gigabit NICs.

Hmm- you're running 2.6.12?

I believe there is an issue with kernels < 2.6.14-2 with Opteron SMP.
That is why I'm running 2.6.14-2 myself.

The issue was an AMD errata rather than a bug with the kernel -
2.6.14-2 contained a workaround.

Regards,
Ozz.

<Who would have KILLED to get a pair of 265s instead of the 246s he
wound up with>