Re: ISO Burning problems

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 07:20:19AM +0000, antonio giulio wrote:
> I'm trying to burn dvd-isos for debian and knoppix, but I got a bad md5
> checksum for burned dvds. Md5sum for isos on hard-disk are perfect, but
> every burned iso returns a different checksum. I have tried with k3b and
> "cdrecord -dao" but I doesn't working. I'm using last updated
> unstable-debian.

You use growisofs to burn dvds like this:

growisofs -Z /dev/dvddevice=dvdimage.iso

You might want to add -dvd-compat as well to the command which I believe
turns on dao mode.

Package name is dvd+rw-tools.

cdrecord only does CDs.  cdrecord-prodvd does DVDs but is non-free and
binary only.  dvdrecord is a crappy hack on cdrecord.

How are you md5sum'ing the discs?