Re: ISO Burning problems

> I'm trying to burn dvd-isos for debian and knoppix, but I got a bad md5
> checksum for burned dvds. Md5sum for isos on hard-disk are perfect, but
> every burned iso returns a different checksum. I have tried with k3b and
> "cdrecord -dao" but I doesn't working. I'm using last updated
> unstable-debian.

I have burned dvd isos (debian, knoppix) with k3b. k3b uses growisofs, but I have not found particular options (I have used "Auto" and "DAO"). With cdrecord I have burned cd-isos for FreeBSD (sorry I have missed it in prev email) with -dao option.

I make test with "md5sum /dev/cdrom" or "cat /dev/cdrom | md5sum".

How Goswin has suggested I have compared isos on hard disk and cd/dvd like this:

"diff /dev/cdrom path/file.iso" and "cmp /dev/cdrom path/file.iso" but nothing was returned.

And how Len suggested I have used growisofs directly, but nothing is changed.

Is right my way?

Thanks,
Giulio