Re: Re: "rock solid" motherboard

Joshua Moore wrote:

I hate to bring this up again, but this is the only
discussion I've been able to find that speaks around my
specific needs. I have the Abit AV8 and Athlon64 3000
CPU. When I try to install Debian with RAID-0 (two
Western Digital SATA drives), it gets to the partitioning
part and then it sees two drives. Shouldn't it only see
one? I can't seem to get it to recognize one big drive (I
think it's called striping?). I have SATA RAID ROM set to
ENABLED in the BIOS and I've hit [TAB] at startup and
used the auto setup to make a RAID-0 array, and I've set
it to be a bootable array. What else do I need to do in
order to get it to work. Please copy any responses to my
email, as I am not a member of this list yet.

Forgot to mention this:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/03/msg00022.html

editor@postscript.port5.com

AMD Athlon64 @2.4Ghz  Corsair TwinX1024-3200XL @480Mhz DDR
ASUS A8V Deluxe ASUS Radeon A9250Ge/Td/256
Creative SB Live  WD Raptor SATA  Maxtor PATA  IBM/Okidata
Color PostScript3  Lexmark Mono PostScript2
Debian GNU/Linux debian-amd64/pure64 sid  Kernel 2.6.10
XFree86 4.3.0  Xorg X11R6.8.2  1.5 Mb DSL