Re: X server can't display 1280x1024 with mga (G550) and LCD Samsung 193P

Arnaud ESPANEL wrote:

Hi,

I already post this in debian-user (2 days ago, no answer for the moment), but the issue is not clear for me and may be related to amd64 arch.

I used to work with a CRT IIYAMA monitor at 1280x1024. Recently, i
switched to a Samsung 193P LCD monitor, and couldn't get 1280x1024
anymore :
X starts normally, but the screen remains black and displays a message
indicating it looks for an analog or digital signal.
I only managed to get 1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480.
The monitor/video card seem to work well, as win98 works correctly at
1280x1024 with the 193P.
(see below for more details on my configuration/log)

I suspect a misconfiguration or an issue with the mga driver...
Any ideas?

I had the same problem (with a different system: xorg running on freebsd, g550, and a hyundai LCD). I got it working after copying modelines from a knoppix generated X config.

- Ralf