Re: X server can't display 1280x1024 with mga (G550) and LCD Samsung 193P

Ralf Schmitt wrote:
Arnaud ESPANEL wrote:
I used to work with a CRT IIYAMA monitor at 1280x1024. Recently, i
switched to a Samsung 193P LCD monitor, and couldn't get 1280x1024
anymore :
[...]

I had the same problem (with a different system: xorg running on freebsd, g550, and a hyundai LCD). I got it working after copying modelines from a knoppix generated X config.

thanks for your help...
I boot Knoppix. After probing, it launched X with mga at 1280x1024, but i still got the same black screen and i had to ctrl+alt+- to swith resolution in order to get something on the screen.

Then, i set up X with framebuffer (with Knoppix) and it managed to work correctly at 1280x1024. I don't consider this as a solution as it is really slow !

Do you think it's a mga related bug ?

Maybe should i try with proprietary Matrox mga driver (with HAL), but i can't get it to compile with an amd64 kernel.