Re: Java plug-in

* v0n0 <aledj@email.it> [2005-12-29 21:18]:
> Andrew Preater ha scritto:
>> I'm using Blackdown Java because the amd64 version of Sun's
>> Java 1.5 is _very_ unstable.
>>
> Unstable? I'm using JDK 5.0 update 6 and I've got no problems
> so far.  Using Azureus and Eclipse. Maybe you're using software
> that is not well developed or compatible with newer JRE

Ah.  The last version of Sun's Java I tried was 1.5 update 5, I
hadn't noticed there was an update 6 available.  I will try it
out, thanks.  Hopefully we can amend my sentence to "was very
unstable...".

Look at the archives.  There've been a few threads about Java +
Azureus, others have recommended trying various earlier 'updates'
of Sun Java 1.5.  For some update 3 was the one that worked.  Me,
I couldn't get Azureus running (as in, it would not even start)
on _any_ amd64 version of Sun Java, and to be honest that's the
only Java program I need to run very often.

Andrew Preater