Re: deborphan

Le 30.12.2005 13:39:57, Clive Menzies a écrit :
On (30/12/05 13:20), antongiulio05 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> launching deborphan I got a list of packages (for default in libs
and oldlibs). Does it mean that I can remove that packages without
risks?

As I understand it, it is safe to remove any libraries that are
reported
by

$ deborphan

without any options.

However, should you look for orphaned packages other than libraries
using say

$ deborphan -ap4

you need to be careful not to remove some vital component (such as
your
kernel).  Essentially, deborphan looks for packages which are
independent ie. nothing else depends on them.

see man deboprphan

I've seen an aception:
It reports wx2.6-i18n as orphaned but if I remove it, some applications (hugin which uses wx) have some windows titles and so untranslated.

Jean-Luc