Re: Cups On 64bit - Is it running?

--- studio-64 <fsmith@walescomputers.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi I've tried this:
> 64studio:~# vi
> 64studio:~# /etc/init.d/cupsys stop
> 64studio:~# /etc/init.d/cupsys start
> 64studio:~#
>

> I dont seem to get any output to say what it's
> doing.

Five-minute Unix crash course:
Unix doesn't bother to tell you (generally) when
something succeeded.  Only when something fails.
Think "No news is good news".

If it doesn't report anything after the 'start'
command, it has started successfully.  Re-try
connecting to it with the web browser.

> Here is the admin part of conf:

> AuthType Basic
> AuthClass System
>
> ## Restrict access to local domain
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From 127.0.0.1

Perhaps add your machine's IP address to the Allow