Re: Intel SE7230 + ICH7

Thanks for your prompt answer!

On 11/21/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 07:20:40PM +0000, Tony Power wrote:
> Did anyone managed to install debian on a machine with:
> - Intel SE7230 chipset;
> - ICH7 I/O controller;
> - SATA RAID I (HW);
> If anyone did it, please let me know.
> My SATA drives aren't detected, so I can't install Debian.
> I don't want to use PATA.

Which installer?  As in which architecture and version of debian, and if
not Sarge, which date/version of the installer?

I tried:
Sarge / Etch Net-Install AMD64 / i386 / IA64
Sarge / Etch CD-Install AMD64 / i386 / IA64
All of them are recent, not more than a week.
Of those, only IA64 doesn't boot.
The others boot, but don't detect my drives (2x180 Sata drives that I want on RAID 1).
I even tried SID i386, net-install (2005/11/19), but it didn't have any kernel modules on cd.

Does that board have a hardware raid at all?  Intel's ICH7 certainly
doens't do hardware raid.  It does do fakeraid, which is not supported
nor recomended (For performance and reliability reasons).

That's bad news for me because a thought it has hardware raid.
Well, there are drivers for Linux:
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/se7230NH1-e/index.htm
Only they are for RedHat or Suse.
Can you give me a suggestion?