Re: Intel SE7230 + ICH7

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 07:20:40PM +0000, Tony Power wrote:
> Did anyone managed to install debian on a machine with:
> - Intel SE7230 chipset;
> - ICH7 I/O controller;
> - SATA RAID I (HW);
> If anyone did it, please let me know.
> My SATA drives aren't detected, so I can't install Debian.
> I don't want to use PATA.

Which installer?  As in which architecture and version of debian, and if
not Sarge, which date/version of the installer?

Does that board have a hardware raid at all?  Intel's ICH7 certainly
doens't do hardware raid.  It does do fakeraid, which is not supported
nor recomended (For performance and reliability reasons).