Problems with mozilla-browser 1.7.12-1 in testing

Using testing, mozilla-browser 1.7.12-1 is unusable for me: It crashes
after a half-dozen clicks from a web browser (if four clicks doesn't
kill it, usually a back-button or two does).

Reverting to 1.7.8-1 restores its health.

I've tried removing the .mozilla folder, but it doesn't help.

Does the amd64 testing mozilla-browser 1.7.12-1 work well for anyone?

I'm using a variety of self-compiled recent kernels (including the
binary nvidia module), but everything else is rock-solid.  If others
say that this is working for them, then that will give me some
information.

Thanks,

--Pete