Re: orinoco usb adapter

Hi,

> > : Has anyone a hint, which wlan-card/adapter is usable with debian-amd64
> > : without any problems?
> >
> > buy a d-link dwl-122 for example, costs more or less 20 euro, it has
> > prism2 chipset and works flawless with the linux-wlan-ng-drivers.
> > ok, this is not the newest and hottest out there, but it works and
> > is inexpensive.
>
> DWL-122 (rev A1 and A2) is hard to find these days, at least in my
> locale - the newer DWL-G122 (rev B1) is not prism2, but supposedly
> ralink 2500.  Now ralink supposedly has GPL:d drivers - you might
> want to check the mail archives.  As with most WiFi gear these days,
> YMMV.

I'm now running a D-LINK DWL-G122 (rev B1) successfully!
I had to download the rt2570 USB nightly CVS tarball [1]
and had to compile it against a kernel >=2.6.13 - it was not
very difficult, and the card works fine...

Thank you all for the help!

regards,
sigi.

[1] http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Downloads