Re: Asus A8V - Promise Controller

On 2005-11-15 17:52 +0100, Klaus Pieper wrote:

> >It seems that there is simply no module for it in the kernel and that
> >the généric ide module doest support this attachement.

Does or doesn't ?

> Yes.

Yes you're correct, there is no module or yes there's a module,
you're wrong ? :-)

I also have an Asus A8V and the 2.6.13 kernel doesn't seem to see
the Promise PDC20378, at least not as an IDE interface. There is
no /proc/ide/ide2. Accesses to /dev/hde and /dev/hdf fail with "No
such device or address".

If there is a way to access the IDE interface on the PDC20378, I'd
like to know how.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.