Re: How to install nvidia driver

	Hi guys,

	I'm not really sure if this was answered before on this discussion list but
here I go.

	I have an not so powerfull/new nvidia card, may card is FX5200. I have two
system with the same card, but the amount of GDDR is diferent, on my athlonXP
I have FX5200 with 128MB and on my new AMD64 the same with 256MB of GDDR.

	I never make the TV-out work sucessifully until now. Oh right.. I have not do
my best to this until now. But I verify that with nv driver TV-out does not
work properly.

	Two days ago I use apt-get upgrade to keep my system up to date and get a new
kernel version(linux-image-2.6.14...), so a must to compile a new nvidia
driver(I like do the things in this way). But the 7174 driver does not
compile fine. So let's go get 7676 from nvidia. This compiles and runs fine
and a surprise to me! the TV-out has work!

	I really don't known if is a problem of my cards or of nv driver, and to be
honest, I'm not do the best to get TV-out work with previous nvida driver, or
with previous nv driver, but I known which the current nv driver TV-out does
not work to me, don't matter what I put on my xorg.conf. Whit 7676 driver
compiled the TV-out work.

	Some other notes: the 7174 does not compile om 2.6.14, as one can see in the
discussion about that
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/11/msg00233.html), and until today
I have not saw the new package version, 7676, on Debian's repositories around
the world.

	I hope this helps some, 'cos some cards can not work fully with nv driver and
compile nvidia driver can bring some pain to the user.

ps: i'm really really sorry if my english is too ugly.