Re: GLIBC BUG still not fixed in stable package

Thimo Eichstädt <abc@digithi.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am using MYSQL 5.0.15 on debian 3.1 (sarge) AMD64. Mysql randomly
> hangs at INSERT commands, this was already tracked down to an glibc
> bug and is marked as fixed.

> A patch exists, the stable packages were not updated, either. So the
> problem still exists and makes mysql (and other programs) unusable on
> debian sarge AMD64 machines.
>
> When will the glibc version in debian be updated ? Ubuntu has already
> patched their glibc...
>
> Thanks
>    Thimo Eichstädt

The glibc in stable won't be updated. Stable is set in stone for
better and worse. It might be possible to fix this in a point release
but I'm not too optimistic. Replacing glibc on all archs when just
amd64 and (so far) just mysql is affected is a big deal.

But fortunately we have stinkypete on amd64.debian.net were we already
have a few amd64 specific patches to make thinks work, like cdrdao. An
upload of a fixed glibc is going there as we speak, Frederik beat me
to it this morning.

MfG
        Goswin