On laptop: "Display changed: LCD off/on" problem

Hello,

A few days ago, using KPackage, I upgraded Quanta on my laptop and this lead to a more general upgrade from KDE 3.3 to KDE 3.4. There was globally no trouble except that now, from time to time (i.e. once every few minutes) I have a message on the midlle of my screen saying "Display changed: LCD on". I don't really have time to see anything else, but I suspect there is a previous message, which disappears immediately, that says "Display changed: LCD off". Of course, I'm never changing the display. I looked in the syslog but I didn't find any useful information.

Has anyone already seen that?

- Emmanuel