Re: Software RAID, LVM, and LILO on amd64 sarge

On Nov 5, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Gilles wrote:

I have a two-disk system. I'd like to create two RAID1s for this
system. One of the RAID1s would exist across a /boot partition with
the bootable flag set on each disk.

[snip]

Is there any way to achieve what I want to do (preferably from the
installer), namely to have both disks have a bootable partition as
well as running LVM on RAID1 for the rest of the system?

I didn't try the recent installers.  When I installed (February), it
wasn't possible to do it all at once (hence the above procedure).

It certainly seems like it would be advantageous to allow the installers to support this functionality directly.

If I can provide any information that would help the process along, please let me know.

What's the easiest way to track progress on (and contribute to) an issue like this? From my point of view, I'm not sure whether it's something at the kernel level, the installer level, or the bootloader level (in terms of version compatibility with RAID/LVM).

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/