Re: Software RAID, LVM, and LILO on amd64 sarge

In comparing the unofficial sarge to the sid_d-i CD, I find that I'm able to partition as I hope/expect with sid:

disk1
  1 small physical volume for RAID for /boot
  1 large physical volume for RAID for rest of system
disk2
  1 small physical volume for RAID for /boot
  1 large physical volume for RAID for rest of system
RAID1
  Use as ext3 for /boot
RAID1
  physical volume for LVM
LVM
  vg0
    root
    var
    swap
    home

After doing so, LILO installs just fine (whereas it punks out in the sarge installer).

This suggests a limitation at some level in sarge (whether kernel, installer, or LILO I don't know). Is this the sort of thing that's likely to get fixed in sarge, or should I just stick with sid? If any of this is not a known bug, I'd be happy to file one.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/