Re: Software RAID, LVM, and LILO on amd64 sarge

> During partitioning, I set up both software RAID1 and LVM. After
> partitioning, I tried to install LILO in the MBR on /dev/md0, but it
> didn't work. I tried advanced mode and tried /dev/mapper/vg-root as
> an installation target, but that was invalid, as well.

I think that you have to use an actual disk or disk partition as target.
At least, that's how I did it with "grub" where a disk is specified with
something like "(hd0)" and a partition as "(hd0,0)".
To have the loader available, even if one of the disks in the array
fails, you just install it on every disks that composes "/dev/md0".

Regards,
Gilles