Software RAID, LVM, and LILO on amd64 sarge

After discovering that the amd64 Debian Installer netinst images have been broken recently, I retreated to sarge.

At first glance, I was having pretty good luck, but I ran into a snag during boot loader installation.

During partitioning, I set up both software RAID1 and LVM. After partitioning, I tried to install LILO in the MBR on /dev/md0, but it didn't work. I tried advanced mode and tried /dev/mapper/vg-root as an installation target, but that was invalid, as well.

I've seen posts suggesting that this ought to work without a non-LVM / boot partition, so I'm wondering whether this is an issue that's peculiar to sarge on amd64?

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Database Architecture and Programming

http://www.sitening.com/