Re: nvidia (graphics) driver pain

I never patched the 7676 driver, I have installed it the Debian way, I
have both Debian kernels and self-built kernels. I have a 7800GT.
I have never ever had any problems with the nvidia driver.
_BUT_ I have never ever touched the nvidia-installer since my last fresh
install. Many people try it the Nvidia way before the Debian way - I believe therein lays many problems.

Just my little rant about NVidia believing that every Linux-system are
either based on SuSE or RedHat - which of course is so utterly wrong.

well nvidia's license allows people to re-package them

what cpu do you have? does ut2004 for you?

Dean
--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: dean@bong.com.au       or       djzort@bong.com.au